He makes enough money to support our family. So we say he brings home the bacon. 他赚取足够的钱来养家。所以我们说他挣钱养家。
He can cut the mustard(芥末), or do what is expected of him at work.他能做到最好,就是说他能在工作中达到别人对他的期望。
He stands almost 2 meters tall. He is a tall drink of water. 他有几乎2米高。他鹤立鸡群。
It is so crowded that we are packed like sardines -- just like small fish in a can.挤到我们像沙丁鱼一样被装在罐头里。
there is no such thing as a free lunch. Something may appear to be free of charge, but there may be a hidden cost.没有免费的'午餐。有的东西看似不要钱,但可能会有隐藏成本。
When we fail to see problems at work, my supervisor tells us to wake up and smell the coffee. We need to pay more attention and fix the problem.当我们在工作中没有发现问题时,我的主管叫我们清醒点。我们需要更专心来解决问题。
I once made a big mistake at the office and felt foolish. I had egg on my face.有一次我在办公室犯了个大错误并且觉得很愚蠢。我很尴尬。
I do not like football. It is not my cup of tea.但是我不喜欢足球。那不是我喜爱的事。
We hope this program has given you food for thought, that is, something to think about.我们希望这期节目带你给思想的食粮,也就是值得思考的东西。Facing success or failure, 纵然面对成与败
It's no need to care too much.谨记无须太在意
Only if I've tried my best, 只要吾已竭全力
It's enough for my simple life.淡然此生无所系